There are currently no positions open at JSWCD. See below for opportunities in our network and community.
Partner Organizations Job Openings
- The Southern Oregon Land Conservancy is hiring a Land Steward!
The Southern Oregon Land Conservancy, located in Ashland, Oregon, seeks a ¾ time Land Steward to join a creative and fun team of land conservation professionals. The Land Steward works with landowners, volunteers, and agencies on 71 conserved properties covering almost 12,000 acres of unique habitat primarily in Jackson and Josephine Counties. A number of new and exciting projects are in the works including both fee-owned and conservation easement projects that should be completed by the end of this year. Candidates must have a strong natural resource background and a minimum of 3 years’ experience including in the field. Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 2, 2021. Position is open until filled.
For a full job description: https://www.landconserve.org/position-available-land-steward.
Southern Oregon Land Conservancy is the oldest regional land trust in Oregon and accredited by the Land Trust Alliance. For more info: https://www.landconserve.org/.
- The J Herbert Stone Nursery is looking for temporary assistance planting their greenhouse crop this spring. The work is general labor filling seedling containers with soil mix, sowing seeds into containers, topping containers with a gravel grit, loading containers onto greenhouse benches, transporting the benches to various greenhouses, and other associated greenhouse work. The work is moderately physical requiring the ability to stand all day and lift 15-20 pounds when moving seedling containers. The work will start April 19th and is expected to last 3-4 weeks, Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm. They can be flexible with start and stop dates or potentially hours worked per week. The pay for this temporary work is $16.90/hour with no other benefits. Contact John Justin at 541-858-6101 if interested.
- Rogue Basin Partnership is hiring a new Partnership Coordinator. This 30-hour/week position has a competitive salary and the hiring deadline was recently extended due to a lack of local applicants. Click here for the full job description.
- The Understory Initiative is looking for a Seasonal Botanist with experience with Basin flora. This position will also assist with wild seed collecting as well as seed farming operations. Click here for more information.
- Britt Music and Arts Festival is looking for a Seasonal Facilities & Grounds Maintenance Manager. Contact Schraepfer Harvey at 541-690-3842 for more information. The general description and requirements can be located below: