"To conserve, protect, and enhance natural resources for the economic, environmental, and quality of life benefits to the residents of Jackson County."
The Jackson Soil and Water Conservation District is dedicated to helping the people of Jackson County protect and conserve their natural resources. We work with both individuals and communities to analyze and implement science-based solutions to various resource concerns, while still protecting the cultural, social and economic values of Jackson County.
The District will maintain an actively involved board, employ a professional staff, and utilize volunteers, natural resource experts, interested organizations, and federal, state, and local governments to help rural landowners improve the management of their land by:
- providing technical support
- seeking grants and other financial assistance
- providing one-on-one, on-the-ground site visits
- developing workshops and classes
- assisting in the development of individual landowner management plans and projects